Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pot O Gold

This is what it looks like when you choose mocha flavored barium for breakfast.

for the record, I couldn't finish this.  or the other one I was supposed to guzzle.

This is the freaky-deaky injection full of radioactive glucose.

yep, it's goin in ME!
Here's the injection!  This is the reason my mother was not allowed to join me for my barium breakdown. No exposure for innocent bystanders..

I love when the nurse needs gloves to handle the injection!
 This is what it looks like after you've gotten through 2 separate scans in a row (first the PET, then the CT).  It must involve a donut robot.  That is what you see:  my vanilla-lavender, appollonia, and indian cinnamon donuts being fried fresh.


This is what it looks like when I am waiting for my hotties while waiting for my scan results...


Aaah...


For all of you fellow Philadelphia scannees, I encourage you to reward yourselves with a Federal Donuts pot o gold at the end of your scan rainbow..

3 comments:

  1. Dear Mia

    Since I am a cancer patient (colon and liver) and also deaf, I am producing a short video in sign language so that other deaf patients and their deaf relatives can have some further information and insight into cancer and other issues.

    I would like to ask permission to use some of the images that I have found on your website such as the image of the radioactive injection.

    These visual images will really support the insight provided for deaf people who rely or prefer information in sign language.

    Your support will be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramon,
      Thank you for reaching out. You may use the radioactive injection image and others, as long as you give credit to me and/or link back to my original post. On a side note, I have worked with deaf and HH children and my former co-teacher (a teacher of the deaf) is also a filmmaker. I'm very interested to see what your final video looks like, please contact me so that I know how to find it. I'd be happy to promote it on my page.
      Thanks,
      Mia

      Delete
    2. Also, can I ask how you found my blog?

      Delete