Sunday, August 19, 2012

How To Distract Yourself From Your Ever-Creeping-Closer Scan

Three words:  The Daily Show. (A few more words - it's important to have at least a week's worth of episodes stockpiled on your TiVo or DVR.)

TGFJS

Best of the best.

And included here is a link to an excellent interview Jon conducted with David Rakoff, dark and hilarious writer, almost 2 years ago.  I like his pessimistic M.O. - he says at one point during the interview, "Pessimism is detail-oriented thinking."  Perfection.

(Psst.  Watch the interview if you want to understand what I write next.) Don't get me wrong, I love Kris Carr as much as the next person.  But I'd rather not add another layer of guilt on my already Princess-and-the-Pea type pile, by feeling like my ultimate survival is dependent on my ability to think optimistically.

You'll have to excuse me, I have to go eat my dessert salad before I go to bed, so my stomach can prepare for the scrumptious mocha flavored barium breakfast that is chilling to optimum ingestion temperature in the Penn. Hosp. refrigeration system at this very moment.

xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment